SAFE at INCLUDING 1st annual Workshop
SAFE is honored to have been so massively present with 4 on-going projects at the INCLUDING – INNOVATIVE CLUSTER FOR RADIOLOGICAL AND NUCLEAR EMERGENCIES – 1st annual workshop, which took place online on October 8 from 14.30 to 16.40.
The workshop was attended by 25 participants and representatives from EU-funded projects and centered around topics as global nuclear security, hidden RN emergencies, RN procedures, the Beirut Explosions, RN assets for COVID-19 and more. In particular, the following were covered:
- Open issues in nuclear security
- Recent facts in RN emergency
- Possible use of assets and capabilities of RN domain for the support in countering COVID19
As SAFE, we can only thank INCLUDING for the incredible opportunity of participating with the Project RESIST – REsilience Support for critical Infrastructures through Standardised Training on CBRN – and TRANSTUN – TRANSnational TUNnel operational CBRN risk mitigation – and for honouring us by letting us present two other on-going projects, the EU CoE P73 for the “Protection of Critical Infrastructures in Lebanon, Jordan and Iraq” – of which SAFE is the leader of the Lebanese component, providing CBRN training and equipment to the governmental guard, thus contributing to increasing the security and resilience of the Grand Serail – and the project “EU Technical Assistance on CBRN Risks Mitigation in Lebanon”, where SAFE contributes to strengthening the preparedness of the Lebanese government to deal with and respond to CBRN incidents, through:
- CBRNe capacity building sessions such as training events;
- Development of a network of relevant institutions
to promote the establishment of formalized and
standardized operating procedures and information
Once again, SAFE thank the INCLUDING consortium for inviting us through our many projects and activities and look forward to new opportunities of cooperation and collaboration.
For additional info about the aforementioned projects please visit:
- RESIST – Website: www.project-resist.eu/ | Twitter: @resist_project
- TRANSTUN – Website: www.transtun-project.eu/ | Twitter: @transtun
- P73 – Twitter: @LebanonP73
- INCLUDING – Website: www.including-cluster.eu/ | Twitter: @H2020Including
STAY TUNED !!!