SAFE Team in Lebanon – BEIRUT Mission
From the 25th of September to the 3rd of October, SAFE team met with key staff and stakeholders in relation to the EU CoE P73 project and the EU Technical Assistance to CBRN risk mitigation in Lebanon.
EU TA to CBRN risk mitigation – Overview of the week
- Meetings with national public institutions based in Beirut such as the LAF, ISF and various Ministries as well as representatives from the National CBRN commission to support the planning related to the management of CBRN events;
- Update of ad-hoc monitoring tool (passport of indicators) – with setting of 2021 targets and revision of achieved results in relation to 2020 targets – for effective and high-quality monitoring of CBRN state of the art on the side of the relevant national institutions and with regard to: i) laws ii) training iii) equipment iv) trained and equipped deployable personnel.
EU CoE P73 – Overview of the week
- Finalisation of hospitals assessments for treatment of COVID-19 cases and patients exposed to explosions. 12 hospitals were assessed in view of crafting tailored training and procuring the most effective/suitable equipment;
- Operational planning of chemical storages assessment in the Beirut and surrounding area with the goal of identifying the current status of said facilities and providing case-specific guidelines, advising on best practices for enhanced safety;
- Meetings with local and international stakeholders to increase project visibility and enhance engagement